Buy it at Insound!

Monday, October 26, 2009


It is finished. 
THE LONDON. 
And a big thanks goes out to mon mere for helping me decide! These bold red platforms with textured, tonal stripes & high-shine high-glam gold trimmings are going to rock MANY nights away in the approaching holiday season, she's right. Days too.YAY. Thanks @ShoeDazzle! Next up, once they've arrived, we'll talk quality, fit, brand, etc. Because at just $39 a pair, these questions are plaguing me.

In other news, managed to dress myself in colors other than black for numerous scenarios over the weekend. Won't even try to pretend that it wasn't a pain in the YOU KNOW WHAT. It was. The bathing suit cover up I reached for Saturday (yep, still hot as hades here)? Black with silver stars. Nope. Went with blue stripes, as shown. Dress for the Saturday night birthday dinner party? FORCED myself to shun my killer black or grey numbers & went with bright florals, FELT WEIRD. But I survived. ;-)
 Yesterday I opted for a gold sequin tank, jeans and killer gold heels for a day of leisurely shopping & didn't allow myself to purchase anything black either! Do know, this too was a fight. I'm breaking this addiction, you watch! I did, however, come home with the most lovely top ever, in an icy pale blue with exquisite structure and pintucking, intricate lace-like embroidery and fluttery cap sleeves from Anthropologie.  I'm utterly in love... Got to work this A.M. to find a wee little package waiting for me, a steal of a deal I ordered on a whim from Boston Proper, in  rich, RUFFLY vibrant blue...
So tell me, and think hard, are their fashion ruts you find yourself slipping into? Have you ever thought about putting yourself up to annihilating such ruts? I challenge you to try.  This could mean hiding away that one pair of jeans you wear over and over and over and always for a week or two. Ban yourself from wearing pants for a few days, instead, opt for ultra-femme dresses. Pack away a pile of frumpy go-to sweaters and commit to wearing tops & blouses with smart jackets instead for a bit. Do you slip into the same pair of dull shoes way too often? Get them out of sight and revisit other shoes in your closet that have collected some dust. This is what I've referred to before as shopping your own closet. It's also important that you break such habits when out shopping (or online shopping) for real!  SHAKE IT UP, COOKIES. It can be exhilarating!

love,
sunlovey

p.s. Just WON a FUN black & white skull hair bow from C.A.B. Fayre! Old habits die hard! ;-) 


Sunlovey's Spin: Hitha, I totally admire you for recognizing that you too can land yourself in a fashion rut at times. But listen. Sweaters & trousers can ROCK! Even at work. 

Do you have a boyfriend cardigan or two? Wear it with a dramatic ruffly placket blouse underneath and BOLD accessories.

Also... try long tunic-length sweaters  paired to straight-leg pants, then finish with a great belt at the waist.

And why not sub a sleek pencil skirt for your trousers sometimes? Add tights!

You were totally onto something when you said your killer ShoeDazzle shoes will work for work. Great shoes can totally reinvent the 9-to-5 wardrobe. Same goes for statement accessories like multi-strand necklaces and striking cuff bracelets. Does that help? :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:03 AM

    I am guilty of pulling on the same J.Crew sweaters and Express slacks for work...and when I'm working from home, lounging in my pajamas pretty much all day :( HELP!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts & ideas are coveted. SHARE: