Buy it at Insound!

Saturday, September 26, 2009




getZIPPED

Last night, quiet, low key Friday evening. Made the German a nice dinner, had a little wine, flipped through recent issues of Elle and W and Publix Greenwise magazine, then, I saw the Boston Proper catalog staring up at me. As if I hadn't seen it enough, I started perusing it. Then BAM! I saw the skirt . I remembered it from turn over months ago. Total punk rock plaid, slim pencil silhouette, but the icing on the stylish cake? A BOLD exposed back zip the length of the skirt. Went online right then and ordered it. Had to. Wondered how I'd forgotten about it. Things with zips have been capturing my attention since summer '08. 



Was at Nordstrom with friends when I spotted the most killer heels I'd ever seen. They were L.A.M.B.  I told myself I didn't need them. In the end they were the ones that got away... They were SMOTHERED in zips, had an INSANE heel. It was a true travesty. Perhaps a couple months later Tim & I saw another pair, somewhat similar, by Chinese Laundry. This time I made them mine. And since... exposed zips are showing up on clothing, zips are comprising jewelry and they continue to rock out shoes. 

So you can imagine my shock and awe when I spotted a killer pair of black leather pumps donning a massive zipper along their length. Where? TJ Maxx. And in? MY SIZE. I wanted to wear them out of the store!!! (i refrained.)
Meet my new zipper heels:


So are you feeling it? Zippers galore, I mean? I did acquire a pair of black leggings with zip hems recently as well. If you seek, you shall find. Poor Tim, I keep gushing about how much I love all of fall fashion '09s edgy hardware details. AND I keep accumulating such by the minute. See something with mega zips out there? LINK ME. I beg.

Hope you're having an awesome weekend.

love,
sunlovey


p.s. I'm blasting Depeche Mode as I attempt to conquer an Everest-sized mountain of laundry. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts & ideas are coveted. SHARE: